Paul Hastings is a leading international law firm that provides innovative legal solutions to many of the world's top financial institutions and Fortune Global 500 companies. With a strong presence throughout Asia, Europe, Latin America, and the U.S., we have the global reach and extensive capabilities to provide personalized service wherever our clients’ needs take us. As one of the world’s leading law firms, we seek dynamic individuals who share our commitment to service, innovation, and professional growth.
The Compensation Manager will work collaboratively with firm leadership and talent management team members to drive compensation programs and projects globally. The Compensation Manager leads the implementation and administration of a variety of compensation processes and surveys including designing base salary and incentive pay programs that attract and retain top talent. Reporting to the Director of Talent Management who oversees performance and compensation globally, this role will support talent management objectives to strengthen employer brand, drive engagement and guide the education and development of all compensation and incentive programs.
- Manages compensation processes, including communications, HCM systems, and collaborates with key stakeholders and partner-led committees: associate lock-step pay changes and bonuses and business professionals merit pay and bonuses;
- Provides subject-matter expertise and oversees the administration of U.S. and International compensation programs in alignment with Firm strategy. Monitors market conditions and makes recommendations to leadership to ensure best in class compensation and rewards programs to attract and retain talent.
- Consults with key stakeholders to determine appropriate total rewards strategy;
- Collaborate with business leaders and cross-functional teams to solve compensation-related business challenges and provide guidance;
- Lead teams formally and informally. Provides coaching and feedback and helps establish team goals that align with firm and department strategies;
- Analyzes compensation policies to fulfill reporting and auditing requirements, government regulations;
- Prepares and manages modeling and forecasting for compensation processes globally;
- Works beyond scheduled hours as required and handles other items as assigned; and Travel may be required.
- Advanced proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint and Word;
- Proficiency using HCM enterprise software (Workday preferred);
- Advanced proficiency in analyzing data and the ability to see beyond the numbers to drive sound decision-making while exercising good judgment;
- Advanced-level written and verbal communication skills;
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects with a high level of detail and works well under pressure in a fast-paced environment and posse strong project management and organizational skills; and
- The ability to maintain strict confidentiality of information and data.