The Office Administrator manages the day-to-day operations of the office in a manner that provides for the effective and efficient delivery of a wide variety of administrative and support services for attorneys, staff and external clients.
• Manages a variety of support functions to include support services, facilities, operations, accounting/billing, records, practice support, and IS, providing quality services to the attorneys and other departments at the local firm office.
• Coordinates services of support functions to realize maximum efficiency while meeting the high level of client service expected at the firm.
• Supervises directly, or through subordinate supervisors, the local office support staff. This includes the hiring, training, review and approval of employee hours and vacation requests, performance management, counseling and termination of the staff.
• Works closely with Human Resources towards streamlining benefits, wellbeing, management training, and various other initiatives simultaneously with all offices.
• Provides leadership, guidance, support, and direction to all employees including the promotion of positive work habits, clear and open communication, and teamwork.
• Prepares, manages and monitors the budget for local office support functions, adopting best practices to ensure proper stewardship of the firm’s resources. Develops annual budget proposal, approves expenditures, prepares regular reports to management and manages the procurement of major items.
• Selects local service providers, negotiating contract terms and maintaining effective working relationships with vendors.
• Develops short and long term strategic plans related to the local office support departments. Works with local Administrative Partner and local partners on local, national, and firm-wide initiatives.
• Works with chiefs, directors and managers to ensure that firm-wide programs are properly implemented, maintained and controlled at a level of service and support consistent with all US and International offices.
• Administers and implements firm and local office policies and procedures in a fair and consistent manner.
• Administers and implements firm and local office life safety and business continuity policies and procedures and manages life safety wardens and crisis management activities.
• Remains knowledgeable of workplace trends to ensure the local office provides a safe, productive and positive work environment. Communicates with entire office in a timely manner regarding policy changes and new developments.
• Coordinates space and resource requirements for the local office. Manages lease agreements, determines space usage, plans and executes moves to create an optimal work environment.
• Initiates and manages activities to promote a more cohesive work environment such as the LA Life Committee, holiday parties, fundraising and/or community service opportunities, etc.