• Collaborate with practice groups on training programs and initiatives to support attorney development. Such programs may include training in the specific practice area, as well as training in business development, client service and fee arrangements, effective presentations, effective responses to RFPs, legal technology, risk management, project management, conflicts and current legal issues.
• Collaborate with IT on e-training through the firm’s Learning Management System and competency/training scorecard.
• Oversee and disseminate a firm-wide training calendar, intranet portal design, and document management system to enable sharing of training resources across offices.
• Provide associates with support and coaching on career-related matters and lead associate mentorship program; maintain records of all mentor/supervisor assignments and make recommendations to improve the program or one-on-one assignments.
• Collaborate with practice groups on training programs to meet attorney development goals and client needs; when possible, ensure programs qualify for CLE credit.
• Research and identify external CLE opportunities for attorneys.
• Manage firm-wide CLE budget.
• Oversee tracking of individual participation in internal and external training programs, including CLE compliance in States where required.
• Collaborate with HR, attorney recruiting, and firm management on attorney integration and retention programs, and diversity and inclusion initiatives.
• Participate in employee wellness and resource groups to promote employee engagement and connection across the firm.
• Analyze work assignment/allocation data to ensure equitable access to and distribution of client opportunities.
• Collaborate with the department director and the Professional Personnel Committee on the associate review process to ensure the delivery of useful and meaningful performance evaluations.
• Prepare responses for various legal surveys, client surveys, and other external information requests in conjunction with requesting attorneys, marketing and human resources personnel.
• Attend attorney functions and be a visible part of the firm culture.
• Oversee bar association dues and ethics requirements for all lawyers.
• Other projects as assigned.