• Responsible for building and directing a team responsible for legal recruiting strategies that align with the firm’s objectives and growth projections, to include attracting, hiring and retaining top legal talent.
• Work with hiring partners to ensure that legal hiring needs are met, candidates are being sourced, and written descriptions and criteria for specific attorney searches are developed when specialized expertise is targeted, in order to facilitate candidate submissions that best fit the defined need.
• Oversee the firm’s summer associate program and support the law school recruitment process including participation in on-campus interviewing and call-back interviews.
• Facilitate strategic decision-making throughout the hiring process, and implement scalable structures and processes for recruiting.
• Strategically recruit diverse talent and lead efforts to comply with the Mansfield Rule and to administer Dykema’s various diversity scholarships.
• Cultivate relationships and partnership approach with members of the law school, legal, business community, and preferred search firms.
• Serve as firm representative at events related to fall recruiting, law school outreach and diversity initiatives.
• Lead attorney onboarding and work collaboratively with the legal practice groups to ensure each hire makes a smooth transition into the firm.
• Oversee efforts to improve candidate experiences.
• Manage operating budget for assigned areas.
• Make recommendations for continued growth and improvement of programs.
• Oversee new attorney orientation and integration programs.
• Oversee professional development programs and team members to support continuing legal education, training and development initiatives, associate retreats, and mentorship programs that help attorneys and paralegals grow and develop successful and rewarding careers.
• Work with firm leadership, human resources and the professional development team on goals related to talent management.
• Oversee the administration of the annual associate evaluation program, compensation reviews, and the membership consideration process.
• Work with practice group leaders on associate performance management, work allocation and productivity goals.
• Provide input on policies and initiatives to optimize professional experiences, support retention and diversity and inclusion initiatives for associates and paralegals.
• Serve as point of contact for firm on various legal surveys and in conjunction with human resources and firm management on client-related survey requests when requested.