• Must understand and apply Federal, State and local employment laws.
• Strong communication skills both in writing and orally.
• Ability to interact effectively with people at all levels of the firm.
• Excellent organizational skills required for prioritizing workload and recruiting efforts.
• Ability to work under pressure and deal with demanding deadlines. Strong attention to detail and team-oriented.
• Monitor and coordinate appropriate Assistant-to-Attorney staffing ratios and workflow.
• Monitor and approve administrative overtime worked by Assistants and other non-attorney staff.
• Generate new hire, departure and change notifications for all offices.
• Coordinate new hire orientation for new hires for all offices. Ensure new partners receive and sign Partnership Agreement.
• Conduct exit interviews for Associate Attorneys and non-attorney staff.
• Coordinate bi-annual AB1825 training.
• Oversee H.R. Assistant when working with Education Coordinator for firm's MCLE program.
• Recognize potential legal issues (e.g. sexual harassment, discrimination, termination) and discuss with appropriate resources for direction and guidance.