Prestigious 75-employee West LA law firm looking for someone to manage the day-to-day, non-financial operations of the firm and its offices. Ideally, the person will be a current or former lawyer.
- Provide direct supervision to employees not assigned to a team (not including finance/accounting staff), including office services employees, clerks, floater assistants, receptionists, facilities staff, record management employees as well as a possible HR direct report.
- Maintain law firm stability by establishing and communicating a law firm value system, inspiring excellent service and working to maintain high employee morale.
- Help coordinate workflow and assignments among staff as needed.
- Identify and work with vendors to develop and improve on systems and processes that will assist in delivering high quality legal services (Litify, Westlaw, EsquireTek, messenger/filing services, etc.).
- Train employees on firm procedures and systems.
- Be responsible for the overall management of the firm’s physical facilities and related functions, including office space planning and work space assignments, furniture and office equipment.
- Supervise the purchasing of office and breakroom supplies and miscellaneous equipment; oversees the conducting of regular inventory of same.
- Work with the Human Resources Manager in the recruitment and hiring of new non-attorney employees.
- Work with the Human Resources Manager in assessing the performance and counseling of non-attorney employees as needed.
- Coordinate attorney and staff meetings.
- Participate in the strategic planning process with management to identify and accomplish short- and long-term organizational goals.
- Assist with human resource management as needed.
- Manage the daily operations of information systems.
- Oversee summer clerk program and various externship programs.
- Work with the Chief Financial Officer in managing business insurance renewals, including PLI, EPI, Excess, and General Business Liability policies.
- Coordinate and ensure the timely renewal/updates for business licenses, secretary of state filings, and multi-jurisdictional renewals.
- Work with ethics counsel and senior attorneys/partners to ensure firm materials (e.g., retainers and forms) and other communications comply with state bar rules and other state laws and regulations regarding operations of a law firm.
- Assist in conducting conflicts checks, as needed.
- Communicate with the buildings and landlords regarding facility needs.
- Coordinate business and social functions of the firm.
- Handle special projects on an as needed basis relating to the operations of the firm and the provision of high quality legal services (new software, practice materials, training).
- Provide general administrative management support to attorneys and staff.
- Perform/coordinate all of the other operational functions required of a growth oriented law firm.
- Must also know HR and oversee Human Resource function.
- Must be a strong leader with excellent communication skills. Seeking someone with exceptional emotional intelligence who can support the achievement of ideal culture and professional brand, as well as strong engagement.
- Will work closely with partners and CFO.
- Candidates must have at least 5+ years of senior administrative law firm or professional services experience.
Email resume and salary requirements to: email@example.com