This is an exciting opportunity to work for one of the top law firms in the U.S.! Davis Wright Tremaine LLP is looking for an experienced Law Librarian to join our Library & Research Services team in our Los Angeles office.
The Law Librarian will be part of a forward-thinking team responsible for gathering, synthesizing and delivering legal, business and technical information to attorneys and staff; providing training and assistance in the use of a variety of research, current awareness, competitive intelligence and knowledge management tools; and collaborating with teammates, practice groups and staff to provide innovative solutions that support the complex, evolving research needs for the firm and their clients.
At Davis Wright Tremaine, you will find challenging assignments, opportunities for professional growth and community involvement, and a culture of inclusion. DWT fosters inclusiveness and authenticity. Regardless of position, everyone here has a voice and the support is unparalleled.
On a typical day you will:
· Collaborate with a nation-wide team of librarians to provide comprehensive and sophisticated research, current awareness, competitive intelligence and knowledge management services for attorneys and staff in all firm offices
· Provide outreach, training, and on-demand assistance to attorneys and staff in cost effective and efficient use of research resources
· Engage with designated practice groups and client teams to market Library & Research Services resources and to identify training and outreach opportunities
· Develop and maintain expertise in the use of a wide variety of legal, business and practice-related resources
· Assist in the analysis of Library & Research Services resource and circulation metrics to inform collection planning decisions
· Contribute to the on-going development of Library & Research Services policies and procedures
· Participate in local and national professional development activities
· Assist with various administrative duties and projects as necessary