Established law firm is looking for a Firm Administrator to work directly with the owners of the law firm to oversee everything except the practice of law. This position includes not only strategic planning, project management, and critical administrative and financial oversight, but is also a key leadership role in shaping and sustaining firm culture. We need a Firm Administrator who is a PRO at workflow and project management, who deeply understands employee engagement, who is metrics-driven and KPI-obsessed, and who will be invested in making important contributions to the success of the firm.
About our firm:
Our firm is an established law firm with an office in Murrieta and a satellite office in La Quinta. Our firm represents clients with the Estate Planning, Trust Administration, Probate, and Business needs. We currently have 5 attorneys and 14 support staff.
We are building a firm where systems run the business, and people run the systems. This position is responsible for improving both our people and our systems.
About the position:
The position encompasses a wide range of activities with involvement in all phases of administration, personnel, finances, facilities, and business systems. We need someone with the experience and maturity to work closely with the owners and key staff on strategy, policy, problem-solving, and decision-making. This position will be responsible for planning, organizing, directing, and controlling the day-to-day operations of the firm, and for directing the implementation of firm policies.
You must be able to show evidence of your prior success with:
- Playing a role in management of teams of 15+ people and budgets of $5,000,000 or more
- Systems management and process refinement to ensure matters are handled appropriately so that client needs are met, legal & ethical requirements are met, and clients receive excellent service
- Employee engagement and leadership, supervision, and termination
- Measuring what matters and using common financial reports to make business decisions (budget variance, P&L, cashflow forecast)
- Managing vendors such as bookkeepers, accountants, and technology services
We care about skills and experience. We care just as much about your behaviors, habits, and attitudes…the right person for this role must:
- Lead change – drive it and thrive in it
- Talk more about the solution than the problem
- Equally embrace both aspects of the “work/life balance”
- Never hesitate to praise when deserved and correct when needed
- Have thick skin and high empathy
- Have keen conflict resolution skills (not conflict avoidance skills)