• Human Resources:
• Update employee policies and handbook, insure compliance with state and federal law and firm policies.
• Oversee recruiting, screening, entry and exit interviewing, testing, reference checking and hiring of all attorney/non-attorney personnel in accordance with office needs.
• Oversee day-to-day legal assistant workflow coordination.
• Ensure secretarial and administrative assistant coverage in cases of planned and unplanned absences which may involve coordinating temporary coverage.
• Contract with and maintain professional relationships with employment and staffing agencies and other outside services vendors (i.e. attorney services, messengers, etc.)
• Coordinate vacation and other time-off requests of non-attorney personnel, and keep account of vacation, personal leave and sick time usage of all employees.
• Respond to inquiries regarding policies, procedures and firm medical benefits.
• Counsel with attorneys, supervisors and employees to answer questions and assist in problem solving and conflict resolution.
• Administer written and oral performance reviews for non-attorney personnel.
• Be the primary contact and act as a "sounding board" for all non-attorney personnel
• Process all benefit enrollment and changes.
• Build and maintain a high level of staff morale and workplace satisfaction and make all employees feel valued and respected
• Assist in the development of office automation and support staff training
• Develop enhanced functionality and training of non-attorney personnel.
• Interface with vendors to ensure seamless and effective network, web site, remote access and desktop function. Assist marketing staff as needed regarding lT role in marketing.
• Train office employees on general and advanced functions of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and other office related software.
• Assist in general upkeep of office suite, including equipment, decor, furnishings.
• Vigilance toward improved ergonomics and efficiency of offices and work stations
Work with Partners and assist accounting department in improving profitability, controlling cost, maximizing revenue and profitability