• Bachelor’s degree and Juris Doctor degree required.Must be a licensed attorney in good standing in any US state or the District of Columbia.2+ years of conflicts experience in large law firm environment preferred.
• Computer proficient with advanced skills in all Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Explorer and Outlook) required.Experience with on-line reference materials and Boolean searching techniques also preferred.Knowledge of SQL database, electronic imaging and archiving a plus.
• Ability to learn and utilize specialized internal conflict checking software and multiple software applications. Ability to learn, follow, and explain workflow processes of various departments.
• Excellent organizational, oral and written communication skills.Ability to compile and analyze data and convey concise, detailed information in written report format. Ability to communicate and follow written and oral instructions. Ability to convey and understand complex factual and procedural information.
• Exceptional interpersonal skills necessary to maintain effective relationships with Firm management, a diverse group of attorneys, and staff. Ability to communicate with professionalism, courtesy, and diplomacy, whether in person, by e-mail, or by phone.
• Excellent analytical skills. Ability to think critically and read for detail, while regularly reviewing large volumes of information under time pressure. Ability to apply these skills to conflicts analysis, review and drafting of conflicts waivers, and other conflicts resolution tasks. Skills in issue spotting, follow-up, and resolution are essential.
• Ability to exercise independent judgment necessary to make decisions based on results of searches and other information. Initiative and self-starter skills sufficient to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, detail-oriented work environment.Ability to respond effectively to the most sensitive conflict inquiries or complaints.
• Expert abilities in using a conflicts database, preferably Intapp Open.Knowledge of commercial corporate affiliate aggregate databases and knowledge of common business structures.