Nossaman LLP is seeking a highly motivated, detail-oriented and creative Proposal Specialist to join its firm wide Business Development Department. This person plays an integral role in the Firm's business development efforts by developing competitive, high-quality RFP responses, proposals, pitch materials and presentations from start to finish. The successful candidate will be responsible for contributing to the proposal development process – from RFP review and work plan development to document production, editing and final review as well as interview presentation deliverables. The Proposal Specialist position is a unique blend of writing, editing and project management. The position is based in our Los Angeles or Irvine office and reports to the Business Development Director on the New Business Pursuits Team.
- Reviewing RFPs and collaborating with attorney proposal leads to understand the opportunity and how to communicate Nossaman's competitive advantages.
- Working closely with attorneys, business development staff, and various administrative departments to gather content, client relationship data, Firm statistics, and competitive intelligence.
- Establishing a work plan and ensuring strict adherence to interim and final deadlines leading up to proposal submission.
- Drafting, editing, formatting, and reviewing proposal documents, and ensuring the Firm's final submission adheres to all RFP requirements.
- Preparing unique content and graphics (tables, graphs, etc.) to enhance a proposal's overall appeal.
- Writing and producing various types of marketing collateral, including but not limited to proposals, interview presentations and supporting materials, and brochures for pitch meetings and templates.
- Archiving proposal content to experience database as part of proposal completion procedure.
- Tracking completed proposals to help maintain firm wide proposal statistics.
- Working with other business development and marketing staff to identify creative new ways to enhance proposal and presentation products.
- Bachelor’s degree in English, communications or journalism desired. Experience in writing for a business audience is a plus.
- Superior written and oral communication skills and editing and proofreading capabilities.
- Flexibility and creativity to respond productively to the individualized needs of attorneys.
- Dependable team player who works collaboratively and cooperatively with others in a team-oriented environment. Must also be able to work well independently.
- Strong client service orientation, exceptional time management skills, and the ability to organize and prioritize multiple, simultaneous projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
Nossaman offers a competitive salary and generous benefits package. Qualified candidates are invited to apply online by submitting a cover letter, resume and salary requirements.