Our client, a mid-sized professional services firm in Los Angeles, CA, is seeking an HR Manager to join their team! Reporting to the Regional HR Director the incumbent will manage 3 direct reports support 3 regional offices. This is a strategic role with a roll up your sleeves attitude required. Candidate will be involved in talent management, compensation, employee relations, performance management & process improvement. Workday experience a big plus. People management experience a must have. Candidate should have seven years of progressive HR leadership experience and three years of experience in a medium to large size organization, preferably professional services.
General HR Management
· Advises staff regarding the application of personnel policies, compliance issues, and problem resolution.
· Ensures HR services are provided as appropriate, identifies new opportunities where HR can add value and maintains leading-edge knowledge of HR issues.
· Communicates, administers and interprets personnel policies and procedures to all personnel; provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
· Sets long and short-term goals for HR function; participates in firm-wide strategic planning and initiatives.
· Provides coaching, consultation and support that contributes to the needs and business direction of the department.
· Manages specific HR projects as well as participating in functional and cross-functional initiatives.
· Maintains an in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
· Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues.
· Develops and promotes feedback mechanisms.
· Supports firm’s management principles, policies and programs and ensures they are fairly applied.
· Advises all levels of management in the areas of personnel policies, performance management, problem resolution, discipline and termination.
· Conducts disciplinary and/or termination meetings with employees.
· Investigates complaints, makes recommendations and implements corrective action, where necessary.
· Regularly consults with Talent Management Center of Expertise, Labor Employment Counsel and Firm Employment Counsel, as needed.
· Conducts exit interviews and provides analysis as appropriate.
· Ensures compliance with legal requirements and government regulations, including EEO, FLSA, FMLA, TITLE VII, etc.