||Chief Financial Officer
The Chief Financial Officer oversees the Firm’s financial operations, manages its Finance Department, and provides strategic leadership to the Firm with respect to financial matters. This is a fast-paced hands-on position that requires extremely strong organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate effectively with individuals at every level of the Firm. The Chief Financial Officer reports to the Chief Operating Officer and works closely with the Managing Partner, Executive Committee, practice group leaders, and administrative management team to drive revenue and profitability. The position is based in Los Angeles.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Overseeing all aspects of the accounting function, including billing, collections, accounts payable, cash applications, taxes, payroll, financial reporting and analysis, and budgeting.
- Advising on financial issues such as capital structure, partner compensation, firm mergers and lateral attorney acquisitions, and providing input into the strategic direction of the Firm.
- Leading the annual budget process and coordinating all aspects of it between senior management, practice group leaders, directors and office administrators, along with continual review, analysis, and recommendations throughout the year.
- Evaluating, upgrading, and managing the Firm’s financial systems to facilitate timely and accurate financial reporting to multiple constituencies.
- Developing financial analyses and benchmarks relating to client, matter, and practice group profitability, lateral acquisitions and mergers, new client intake, alternative fee arrangements, and other metrics. Includes giving guidance on rate structures and staffing arrangements.
- Establishing and maintaining appropriate internal controls, monitoring cash flow and cash management, and identifying and implementing cost control initiatives.
- Managing banking relationships and other external parties with whom financial information is exchanged.
- Developing, documenting, communicating, and enforcing policies and procedures relating to all financial functions and Firm expense guidelines.
- Ensuring the timely filing of all local, state, and federal tax reports and ERISA reports, as well as responding to financial surveys and insurance applications.
- Supervising and mentoring a team of high quality professionals that adds value and plays a key role as the Firm grows and diversifies.
- A high-energy person with a strong executive presence, who can roll-up his/her sleeves and get the job done.
- 10+ years of progressively responsible senior-level financial experience in a multi-office, mid-sized or larger private law firm or similar professional services environment.
- Extensive knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles (e.g., CPA or MBA Finance emphasis).
- Thorough working knowledge of Aderant is preferred, or similar financial application.
- Solid understanding of current and emerging technologies related to financial systems, including a proven track record of using technology-based solutions to streamline manual processes and improve access to information.
- An insightful and proactive thinker who can effectively synthesize large quantities of data for presentation in a concise and understandable manner.
- Excellent leadership and management skills, with proven ability to build and motivate a team and to work within a complex, fast-paced business environment.
- Strong communication skills in person, on the phone, and via email.
Email resume and salary requirements to: email@example.com