Busy workers compensation defense firm is seeking a motivated, experienced law firm professional to manage day-to-day operations. Duties include oversight and management of support functions including human resources, administrative policies and procedures, risk management, facilities management. Position reports to Managing Partner/Executive Committee.
• In collaboration with firm-wide functional leaders, provides administrative oversight for: human resources, new files department, support services manager and client reporting.
• Manages and supervises all areas relating to the firm’s insurance coverage for malpractice, premise, umbrella, EPL/ML and worker compensation.
• Works with legal counsel to update Employee Handbook each year.
• Works with HR Shareholder/HR Coordinator re: negotiation of health insurance renewals and administration of all aspects of the firm’s 401k plan.
• Manages and supervises all areas relating to support staff and office operations includes office leases, office equipment, staffing, personnel issues, recruiting, hiring and training.
• Supervises Support Services Manager who oversees daily operations in the branch offices.
• Attends and coordinates quarterly Shareholder meetings and annual MCLE Attorney Training Event.
• Ensures all monthly, quarterly and semi-annual reporting for clients are generated and distributed.
Human Resources Responsibilities
• In partnership with functional leaders, provides input to all aspects of professional growth and development, attendance, performance management and performance reviews of all staff.
• Involved in recruiting, hiring, supervision, development, evaluation, discipline and termination.
• Supervise one employee relating to payroll.
• Recommends benefits and programs which will enhance the office while remaining within firm guidelines.
• Ensures firm compliance with applicable federal, state, and local laws and updates postings and employee handbook as necessary
• Liaisons with HR Shareholder/Legal Counsel on various employment matters.
• Implements policies and procedures.
• Communicates policies to the firm.