The Executive Director will be a critical member of the Firm’s leadership team. He or she will direct all administrative departments, with a goal of providing full support for the Firm’s strategic initiatives and ensuring that operational results are achieved. The ED will be responsible for leading and managing Firm and department initiatives. As a consequence, strong project management skills will be highly valued.
The ED will lead, direct and transform all administrative operations of the Firm in support of the Firm’s high functioning business operations. The ED also will ensure that the administrative team effectively and proactively meets all operational needs, thus enabling the Firm to pursue its strategic objectives and business goals of delivering market-leading client service. The ED is responsible for identifying and planning for the current and long-term operational needs of the Firm and staying attuned to trends, changes, and best practices in the legal and professional services industries.
The ideal candidate possesses a strong financial background, IT knowledge and experience with both partnerships and multi-office organization. Experience preparing budgets, analyzing financial data, managing risk, managing expenses and developing strategic plans is important. In addition, the candidate should be a strategic thinker with excellent team building and organizational skills.
The Executive Director reports to the Management Committee and the partnership of the Firm. The Executive Director provides support to Firm committees and the partnership as a whole and is actively involved in competitive strategy, financial reporting and growth planning. Regular, effective communication with partners is essential. This position provides leadership and direction for the accounting, human resources, information technology, information resources, attorney recruiting, marketing and office services departments.
The ED will be responsible for the direction of all operational and administrative functions and will lead and manage Directors and Managers responsible for finance and accounting, human resources, technology, marketing, recruiting and professional development, records, office services and library.
• 10 years of progressively responsible leadership with 5 or more years in current position as ED, CFO or similar position in a large to mid-size law Firm or other professional services Firm; strengths should include accounting knowledge, relationship building, financial management, technology, human resources, project management and leadership. Experience in multi-office Firm is strongly preferred.
• A strong financial background (CPA and/or MBA preferred, BS in Business Management, Finance or Accounting required) with in-depth knowledge of accounting management and financial analysis practices in a professional service environment; preparing budgets, analyzing financial data, managing expenses, developing strategic plans
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
• Experience with strategic planning, organizational development, and personnel/resource management;
• Uncompromising ethics, integrity, and credibility