Under the direction of Director of Administration, oversee Office Services, Records Center, Library and Procurement.
- Supervision of Office Services and Records Center staff, including periodic meetings, orientation, training, work assignments, approving overtime, vacations and timecards.
- Participate in and assist Director and/or Human Resources Manager with interviewing, performance reviews, enforcement of firm policies and procedures and administering disciplinary actions.
- Directly supervises Office Services and Records Center staff to ensure departments are operating in an efficient, customer oriented and cost conscious manner.
- Ensure well-maintained and efficient space utilization.
- Manages maintenance of non-computer firm equipment.
- Oversees construction projects, contractors providing services and handles purchases and installation of furnishings within firm space.
- Assists with annual operating budget for respective departments and provides timely analysis and reports when required.
- Oversees and manages purchasing, office supply and library budget.
- Oversees and manages the Firm’s library, including library maintenance agreements.
- Audits library collection and ensures full integrity of each subscription and the on-line catalogue database.
- Oversees coordination of conference services and meeting planning.
- Monitor all building services provided by office lease. Interact with building management and work closely with building engineers to ensure that all building services are provided.
- Serve as first point of contact with building fire safety for evacuation and emergencies. Responsible for organizing and training office emergency teams. Maintain and update Business Resumption Plan as needed.
- Responsible for installation and maintenance of security system and all key and lock distribution.
- Coordinate internal office moves and prepare temporary office space and storage as needed.
- Coordinate with Paralegal team for trial support, war rooms, file relocation and storage requirements.
- Work with employees regarding ergonomic issues and concerns.
- Maintain client/matter listings, offsite storage indexes.
- Assist attorneys, secretaries, document clerks and paralegals with file requests, file deliveries and pickups, including offsite storage.
- Coordinate with recruiting and administration to prepare for smooth transition of new hires and departures, including management of files released and/or received by the firm.
- Interface with service vendors; reconciliation and approval of vendor invoices.
- Ensure that formal screens/ethical walls are appropriately managed.
- Assist Director of Administration and Human Resources on special projects and interface with Chicago and other MB offices as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned by Director of Administration.