This position is responsible for office management of all aspects of a law office of approximately 106 lawyers and 45 staff members in the Southern California offices. Coordinates firmwide policies for the offices and implements directives of the Director of California Operations, Chief of Office Services and others in management as appropriate.
- General office management, including office operations, implementation and adherence to firmwide policy initiatives, coordination of activities with other administrative managers and supervisors, and coordination with other support functions outside the market.
- Has shared responsibility for various firmwide administrative areas including Human Resources, Information Technology, Accounting, Marketing, Security, and Knowledge Management.
- Supervisory responsibility for general office services personnel including all secretaries, hospitality, office service and other operations functions. Directly supervise and evaluate approximately 35 employees. Makes secretarial support assignments; assesses attorneys’ support needs and secretarys’ workloads for optimal desk pairings within ratio guidelines. Acts as liaison with other departmental administrative managers onsite and in other offices.
- Shared supervision of records management activities.
- Assists administrative departments with workflow needs.
- Develops annual expense and capital budgets for facilities and office support service functions and participates in the budgeting process for other relevant areas.
- Responsible for monthly review of financial statements, P&L and cost center detail. Analyze and report to OMP status of budgeted expenses. Responsible for reviewing and approving all office operations expenses.
- Review and maintain fixed asset inventory control.
- Equipment maintenance and control exclusive of Information Technology inventory.
- Special project management such as leases, allocation of office space, contract negotiations and other projects.Development and implementation of business continuation plan. Responsible for emergency notification system implementation and maintaining database of personnel.
Responsible for facilities maintenance activities. Local liaison with building management regarding space issues. Review rent and other operational expenses and ensure timely submission of payments.
- Oversees internal office event functions and ensures quality control, provisioning and staffing of all hospitality related aspects for guests and employees.
- Participate in Firmwide projects at the direction of the Chief of Office Services.