At Alston & Bird, our people trust the people they work for, take pride in what they do, enjoy the people they work with, and serve the communities in which they live. Our environment has been praised as one of the most open and receptive in the United States, not only among law firms, but also among all businesses. Alston & Bird has been ranked by Fortune magazine as one of the "100 Best Companies to Work For©" for 19 years in a row.
Alston & Bird LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, veteran status, or disability in relation to our recruiting, hiring, and promoting practices.
Alston & Bird LLP is seeking an Attorney Hiring Manager for its three California offices. This individual will work closely with the Director of Attorney Hiring and the Senior Firmwide Attorney Hiring Manager and will have primary responsibility for the management, implementation, and daily function of the lawyer recruitment program for entry-level and lateral hiring, including partner hiring and strategic planning, the fall on-campus interview program, and the summer associate program for the Los Angeles, Silicon Valley, and San Francisco offices. Successful candidates must have sufficient work experience, together with personal leadership abilities, to enable them to plan for, implement, and supervise various recruiting functions and staff, as well as possess the ability to multi-task and work well under pressure and in a team-oriented environment. Excellent communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills are required.
• Serves as a strategic partner in the planning and implementation of summer program recruiting, entry-level hiring, and lateral attorney hiring, including lateral partner hiring.
• Takes a participatory role in the strategic growth of the California offices, including working closely with the Partners-In-Charge of each office, building relationships with outside legal search firms, and staying abreast of market conditions and trends.
• Maintains relationships with outside vendors, search consultants, candidates, law school placement offices, and peers.
• Serves as a member of the Diversity Committee and works to both demonstrate and support the firm’s commitment to diversity in all areas.
• Manages the Attorney Hiring Budget for all three California offices.
• Serves as a member of the Firm’s Executive Staff.
• Manages and mentors the California Attorney Hiring Assistant.
• Travel required: visit Silicon Valley and San Francisco offices at least 1-2 times per quarter; attend law school events and OCI as needed; travel to Atlanta at least once per year; attend biennial Executive Staff retreat.
• Serves as a member of the Los Angeles Legal Recruitment Association (LAALRA).
• Serves as a member of the National Association of Law Placement (NALP).
• Other duties as requested by the Director and Hiring Chairs.